About this blog

This blog has been transferred here from pregnancy.org where it was originally my journal. The dates in the title are the dates that the post was initially written. Start from the first and work you way to the last.

At this time, I have not finished transferring it fully, but I hope to soon!

Original journal link:
http://www.pregnancy.org/bulletinboards/showthread.php?t=3909

Monday, June 23, 2008

1/02/06

Tough day...not even worth talking about though.

Tomorrow the kids come back. I sure hope we have a little "honeymoon" phase this first week back.

I find myself not being able to focus much on what I need to. I can't focus on work or getting my stuff ready. I can only focus on my family right now. I am on auto pilot and feel like there is a mountain looming in the distance. I can't see it, but I can feel it. I am going to crash soon. I am honestly surprised that I haven't already. It is simply a matter of time I think. Small things feel like tragedies because I am on the edge. At least I can see it coming.

I'll recover though. I know that I will.

I posted on a T13 site. I was asking what I should expect. I asked what did they know about their children before they were born. I asked what do I need to think about that I haven't already thought of. What medical issues cannot be picked up by u/s. I didn't get many answers. I got a lot of supportive replies, but still no answers. I don't know what I was hoping for. So, here I am just sitting and waiting again. I should be happy that I am sitting and waiting. That means that she is still alive. I am happy, but it is torture too. How the hell can I be feeling so many deep emotions at once? Am I insane yet? Maybe I am being melodramatic. That isn't really my style though. I've never had a taste for making life more complicated than it already is.

I am not looking forward to seeing most of my fellow teachers tomorrow. They are all going to ask about her and wonder how I am. I often wonder why they want to know. Some people are drawn to tragedy. It disgusts me. Every time someone has a personal problem in their lives the administration puts a money envelope in the office for them. There will be no money envelope for me. I have left strict instructions with a large-mouthed friend. If they would like to throw their money around then they can donate to the March of Dimes in Keiran's name. The last time that there was a money envelope in the office it was because an aide's son needed to have a boil or something removed from his leg. These people are nuts. If they want to donate their leave to me, well that I don't mind taking. Not going to happen, but a girl can dream, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment