About this blog

This blog has been transferred here from pregnancy.org where it was originally my journal. The dates in the title are the dates that the post was initially written. Start from the first and work you way to the last.

At this time, I have not finished transferring it fully, but I hope to soon!

Original journal link:
http://www.pregnancy.org/bulletinboards/showthread.php?t=3909

Monday, June 23, 2008

1/16/06

I've been needing to write for a few days and just haven't had the time.

Well, we went to the OB on Friday and he told us something that made my stomach turn. I know he is just doing his job and I could tell by the look in his eyes that he didn't even want to mention it. He told us that delivering Keiran breech wouldn't be considered "unethical" because of her condition. He then went on to explain the awful things that can happen to babies that are delivered breech. Her head is larger than her shoulders so delivering breech would mean possible skull fracture, facial bruising and possibly death. He told us this and then told us that it was something to think about. I don't think he was really happy about that prospect, but felt he had to tell us.

I thought I was ok (don't I always?) and then Trey was driving home and asked me if I was ok. I said, "Ummm, no!" and burst into tears that I didn't even know were coming. Just the thought of hurting her was too much. We are obviously going to tell him c-section if she won't go head down.

I have to go to the doctor today. I have had this awful cough for two weeks and my chest is starting to hurt from coughing so much. I am not sleeping well and I am running a low grade fever. I am hoping it is nothing, but I need to get it checked out. I seriously hate going to the doctor. I just can't imagine going into labor with this cough.

I am kind of glad that I have something to focus on besides Keiran living. I have been able to focus on her flipping. It is a much easier thing to think of. I did feel a ton of movement yesterday. I know that she moved because her head isn't on the right any more. Just how much she moved I don't know. I hope she was a good little stinker and flipped all around for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment